Privacy Act 1998 as amended by the privacy Amendment private Sector Act 2000
Purpose of the policy- Cardiff RSL Club Limited is registered under the Registered Clubs Act 1976. The Club is required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1998 (“Privacy Act”) which regulated, among other things, the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosures of personal information
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a person no matter how it is collected or recorded. The Club collects personal information from members including name, address, occupation, date of birth, proof of age, contact details and the extent of your use of, and purchase of goods and services offered by, or available at or from, the Club.
The Club collects this information from you by various means including without limitation by you completing your membership applications or renewal from, completing entries into competitions and promotions.
Your personal information is held securely in our computer system and where your personal information has been provided in hard copy format this information is either destroyed, held securely on a Club site or held securely in off-site storage.
The Club collects this information in order to:
- Identify you and process your membership application
- Meet statutory requirements under the Registered Clubs Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism laws and other relevant legislation
- Contact members to advertise and market events, activities, opportunities or offers the goods and services provided by the Club (including direct mail, telephone, SMS and MMS)including without limitation with respect to food and beverage, promotions, entertainment, wagering, gaming machines, gaming, sporting events and venue hire.
- Analyse usage of food and services offered by the Club
- Provide you with goods or services you are receiving or utilizing as offered by the Club and to offer and administer any benefits you subsequently become entitled to in relation to that product or service.
Visitors and Guests
Under the Registered Clubs Act Patrons visiting our registered Club is required to produce suitable identification to gain entry to the premises. Suitable identification is primarily Driver’s License, Passport and Proof of Age Cards. We record your details when signing in. Cardiff RSL Club uses an electronic sign in system and in most cases will scan your identification for faster and safer processing. If you do not wish to have your identification scanned you can notify us prior to signing in.
Use of the information you provide
Cardiff RSL will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to the Primary Purpose for which it is collected. This includes:
- To deliver the products and services that you requested
- To provide you with further information about the products and services you requested
- To personalize and customize your experience with Cardiff RSL
- To help Cardiff RSL review, manage and enhance its services
- To develop reports for monthly Board Meetings and Annual General Meeting
- To communicate with you
We will not use your personal information for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information.
In addition to the Primary Purpose Cardiff RSL may use Personal Information we collect and you consent to us using your Personal Information for:
- Providing you with news about any products or services
- Send you marketing and promotional material that you may be interested in
- Communicate with you, including email, telephone and mail
- Investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect you have breached any relevant terms and conditions
- As required or permitted by any law
The Club may disclose your information to third parties that provide services under contract to the Club. These contracts require the third party to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
You have the right to request access to what personal information we hold for you. You will need to contact the Club to request this information.
Personal information on our Members and guests is stored and archived in controlled environments for a period of seven (7) years. Employees of Cardiff RSL are bound by confidentiality agreements to protect your privacy.
Surveillance inside our venue
Cardiff RSL has and uses surveillance systems. It is important to note that when visiting the Club you will be recorded on our surveillance system. We may use these recordings to view or assist if an incident occurs on our premises. We do not disclose our surveillance records unless we are required by law or to investigate illegal or undesirable activities within our Club.
Quality and accuracy
The Club relies on the information provided by members to be accurate and current. The Club will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you believe the personal information we hold on you is incorrect please advise us in writing, sending your letter or email to the Privacy Officer using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct Club records appropriately and within a reasonable time frame except where the Privacy Act prohibits it or does not require it.
If you wish to make a complaint about the Club’s use of your personal information please put your complaint in writing, providing as much detail as possible, and forward it by letter or email to the Privacy Officer using the details below. The Privacy Officer, or another representative of the Club, will investigate the complaint and will provide you with a written response following the completion of the investigation.